Love Letter to my Inner Child



I've encountered crossroads in my life. I had to choose to grow up so fast than being taken care of. I had to make decisions to leave home and conquer the world alone. 


I can see my neglected child crying, she doesn’t want to come with me, her head bow down, curl up on her knees. She’s surrounded by darkness then the light comes in, like someone opens the door. It’s me, the Adult self standing in front of my child, calling her name. “I’m sorry, I left you.” I said. She couldn’t hear me. She keeps crying.

My child, I know that you have been scarred for life. Your mom kept telling you that you were no good, all your efforts were not enough. Believe me my love, you are precious in the sight of the Lord. He has given you a unique life. He has prepared a bright future for you. He’s been watching you since the day you were born. He blesses you with so much love that a parent can’t give. He’s been watching you, keeping you safe, and in times of need He is there for you. He sent angels everyday to keep you company. You may forget Him all the time but He, as the Father in Heaven, doesn’t forget his Beloved child. He hears your pain, He listens all the time, He wants to heal your wounds. It’s time now to surrender it all to Him. You are not alone my dear child. You have a Father in Heaven, the light of the world, the giver of love, the breath of hope and kindness. My poor child, you don’t deserve to eat crumbs nor leftovers of this world. He has prepared a banquet for you in Heaven. You are worthy of His love. God has created you uniquely, with His own hands, full of love and compassion. Remember that, always. Look up, see the bright light, feel it, receive it. He is sending you His love everyday. Each day you when wake up, and before you go to sleep. The sunrise, the sunset and the Heavens are His signs of love. So don’t forget to look up.


Comments

Popular Posts